As I mentioned in my previous post, I kept a separate file of photos so that I could make up for lost time when my Project Life kit arrived. Here is my title page:
I used the cards they sent for it, but added some embellishments. I used a Basic Grey monogram letter M (painted green), Basic Grey chipboard numbers for the 2011 (painted blue), American Crafts "thickers" for the TCM, and the flowers were chipboard that I covered with beads and dimensional adhesive. I like that I can change this up as the year goes on, if I get tired of them, or want to add photos or memorabilia...
I have had some fun digging through my stash and pulling out long-unused items that I think will work well with this project! I bought a little basket to keep my journaling cards and such in, and have added those items as well, so they will be "present" when I sit down each week to complete a new spread.
So far, I have printed all of the photos at Rite Aid - they are right around the corner, the prints are only $0.19 each, and it saves me the ink, paper, and effort of having to cut them out. I upload to their website, and they are ready in an hour.
I am not using the date stamp or number stickers that came in the kit - no particular reason, just haven't felt a need for the stickers, and quite frankly, don't feel like cleaning the stamp. I am okay with just my handwriting for this project!
Loving that Big Picture Classes has a *FREE* Project Life class - it's a message board and gallery. I spent some time last night looking through the gallery and reading the boards - there are some great ideas out there! www.bigpictureclasses.com